Selecting a web hosting is not as easy as many people believe. A common perception is that if one hosting provider offering hosting plans in $4.0 per month whereas another provider offering in $2.95, then the latter one is the better option. But remember cheap is not always the best. For a new website or for a new business, obviously, you have to look for the low price in order to keep things in control, but you have to consider carefully, what are the services you are getting for that price?
The few things that you must consider before buying a hosting service are mentioned below:
- Hosting Space: The first thing you should consider before selecting a hosting provider for you is to check how much storage space they are offering to host your website. Few web hosts will offer only 1GB to 2GB storage space while many good web hosts have great packages to offer unlimited storage space with fair usage policy. So you have to see what is your requirement, how much data you need to host on your server and then you have to select the provider.
- Bandwidth: Just hosting space is not enough; bandwidth plays a vital role when you start getting visitors on your website. They consume bandwidth while they are surfing on the website and exploring different pages. 2GB storage space might be enough for the website but it is not enough as a bandwidth in any case. So you have to look for web hosting provider offering unlimited or unmetered bandwidth.
- Domains you can host: In the start, you might need the hosting service only for one website but in future, you might be interested to host more websites/domain on the same hosting account. Especially freelancers and bloggers need to host 3 to 4 websites on the same host because the main purpose of their blogging is to make money online using Google Adsense. So it is better to get a hosting plan in $5 or $6 per month with unlimited websites hosting facility rather go with a $3.0 per month that allow hosting only one domain.
- Free Email Addresses: To communicate with your clients, you need different email addresses for the different departments and employs of your company. So look for the web hosting offering unlimited free email addresses for your domain name so that you can communicate with others in a more professional way.
- SQL or MySQL Databases: You can run different scripts on your single domain, for example, you can host a PHP script on your main domain, and install a WordPress blog at www.yourdomain.com/blog and also you can host a forum as well at www.yourdomain.com/forum; and for this, you need different MySQL databases. You should have the option to use unlimited MySQL databases rather than only with 1 or 2 MySQL databases option.
- One Click Script Installation: Installing WordPress, Magento, phpBB, or other scripts might be tricky for new website owners. You can find many hosting providers who offer 1 click WordPress installation to set up the WordPress blog/website in no time. So look for this; if the hosting provider offers you this facility or not?
These are the few tips about how to select the best web host for your website. You can find various hosting services that offer such type of services, for example, Hostgator, Fatcow, iPage, and many others. One more thing that you should consider before selecting the web host is whether they are offering free website migration facility or not? From the above mentioned hosting providers only Hostgator is good enough that is offering to transfer your website from your old hosting provider to your new hosting account at Hostgator.Read More →