Back in the old days, manual management of data was one heck of a job especially for hospitals. Saving in even a slight bit of wrong information could take someone’s life or even led to firing of any employee. Thanks to the modern day technology, nothing is difficult with the innovations of computers and softwares. In this article I am going to talk about revolutionary software that has made the medical practice management super easy for everyone out there.
First of all you must know the main difference between these two terms on which our whole article is based.
What does EHR means?
EHR stands for Electronic Health Record. It means that this software allows electronic sharing of the records of different patients with other medical providers and medical applications. The main aim of this software is to work up for the overall health of the patient. One example of this EHR software is that the patient and the doctors can see the lab test results and history on computers with the help of internet. Not just that, patients can also chat with their doctors and they can also schedule the next appointment online.
What does EMR means?
EMR stands for Electronic Medical Record. As depicted by the name, this software helps in revenue patient’s records. Basically it is a digital version of paper chart which has all of the medical history of a patient. EMR software is usually used for the diagnosis of disease or treatment by the doctor for a particular patient.
What are the benefits of having this software in a hospital?
Here are some of the benefits of having EMR software in a hospital:
- Has an ability to track data over time
- Identification of patients who are due for preventive visits and screenings
- Monitoring of patients to some parameters like blood pressure readings and vaccination
- Enhances the overall health care experience in a medical practice.
Here are some of the benefits of EHR software:
- Enables a safer and a more reliable drug prescription
- Enhance security and privacy of a patient’s record
- Improves the communication and interaction of doctors with their patients.
- Secured sharing of patient’s personal data with other clinicians
- Helps in quick accessing of patient’s data
- Provides an accurate, updated and complete information regarding every single patient whose data has been saved in this software
- Helps the doctors in improving work efficiency and meeting their business goals.
- Helps the doctors in reducing medical error, proper and authentic diagnosis and in providing safe care to every patient.
- Helps in managing extra expenses of an organization because of less paper work, improved safety and reduced duplication of testing.
Life has surely gotten better with advancement in science. One innovation is the hospital management software. These softwares have brought up big changes in terms of efficiency and authentication of performance in different hospitals and clinics. In this article I have talked about two e-clinic softwares, these are EHR/EMR software. Both these software are helping big time in providing the patients and doctors with a platform that doesn’t leave a room for error along with proficient working.Read More →